How to Make Pumpkin Spice Cannabis Cookies
It’s fall, y’all. The weather has turned and the smell of pumpkin spice is circulating. Fall is a great season to get cozy and stoned, and there are many festive ways to do just that. It’s also a great time of year to find comfort in baked goods and sweet treats. So why not combine getting cozy and stoned with eating fall-themed baked goods? We’ll show you how to make pumpkin spice cannabis cookies to elevate your fall festivities.
October 18, 2023
Making pumpkin spice weed cookies is a simple process. Just follow the steps for making regular pumpkin spice cookies but swap out the butter for cannabutter. We’ll walk you through the process. And if you don’t have cannabutter on hand, we’ll show you how to make it.
Cannabutter for pumpkin spice cannabis cookies
We’ve previously shared a recipe for cannabis coconut oil, which goes more in-depth about how to infuse cannabis into fats. Making cannabutter is very similar, so we’ll keep these basic guidelines brief.
Our pumpkin spice weed cookies recipe calls for ¾ cup of cannabutter, so we’ll show you how to make a small batch of cannabutter just for the recipe.
Note: We don’t specify how much cannabis to add to your butter infusion. This is because there are so many different options out there with varying potencies and THC contents. It’s up to you to decide how much cannabis you want in your cookies, and by extent, how potent you want them to be. If you’ve never made cannabutter before, we recommend erring on the side of caution and not using a large quantity of cannabis. You don’t want to make a treat that’s too potent to enjoy.
Small-batch cannabutter instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lightly grind your preferred amount of weed. Do not grind it into a fine powder, the chunkier the better.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
- Spread your ground cannabis evenly over the lined baking sheet
- Bake your ground cannabis for about 35 minutes. Stir it around every ten minutes or so to prevent it from getting too toasty.
- Remove from oven after 35 minutes
- Place ¾ cup of butter (or vegan alternative) into a mason jar and add your baked ground cannabis. Tightly seal the lid.
- Put the sealed mason jar in a saucepan filled with water
- Bring the heat to low-medium and allow to heat for an hour
- Remove from the saucepan and allow the jar to cool enough to safely strain the final product through a cheesecloth, separating the plant material from the butter
- Place in the fridge and allow it to set up back into the consistency of butter
Now you have cannabutter to use for this recipe!
Pumpkin spice cannabutter recipe
We’ve adapted this recipe from the pumpkin spice cookies recipe posted by Just So Tasty. By swapping out the butter for cannabutter, we’ve turned these tasty treats into a stoner’s fall-season dream.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ¾ cup of cannabutter, room temperature
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg or vegan replacement
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves together in a bowl
- In a different bowl, beat together the cannabutter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin to the cannabutter mixture and mix on low speed
- Slowly fold in the flour mixture
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Fill the baking sheet with spoonfuls of the cookie dough, at least two inches apart
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until they look fully cooked
Tips for pumpkin spice cannabis cookies
You can get as creative as you’d like with these delicious cannabis cookies. For example, you can coat them with cinnamon sugar before baking or drizzle the final product with a sweet homemade icing. Cream cheese frosting is another delicious way to spice it up, and you can even use it to stick the cookies together creating a pumpkin spice cookie sandwich.
Remember, if you’re making your own homemade cannabutter, it’s up to you to decide how strong you want it to be. Measure out your weed beforehand to see how much THC might be in each cookie, and know that you can always eat more if needed. Unless you’re very confident about your tolerance, we don’t recommend just dumping an arbitrary amount of cannabis in the butter mixture.
Once you’ve made the cookies, the options are endless for ringing in the fall season. We recommend inviting some friends over for cookies and a scary movie or game night or enjoying the treats before a bundled-up fall walk.
Don’t forget the milk for dipping!
Need weed? Stock up with Piece of Mind Cannabis
Whether you need flower to make cannabutter or just want some pre-made edibles to get the job done faster, Piece of Mind Cannabis has you covered. Visit our Bellingham pot shop, Spokane dispensary, and other locations to browse our large selection of flower, concentrates, vapes, tinctures, edibles, and more.