How to Make a Weed Milkshake
Who doesn’t love a milkshake? They’re tasty, sweet, and often nostalgic. Want to take your milkshakes to the next level? We’ll show you how to make a weed milkshake.
November 14, 2020
The first step to making a weed milkshake is to acquire cannabis-infused milk. It’s not something most of us have on hand or can find in the store, so we’ll walk you through the process of infusing milk with cannabis.
However, if you don’t want to make cannabis-infused milk, there is still an option for how to make a weed milkshake. Read on to see the two methods and decide what will work best for you.
How to make cannabis-infused milk
Our recipe for cannabis milk is adapted from Herb’s cannabis milk recipe. It should only take around an hour to complete and will make about two cups. Cannabis milk will not last as long as other infusions, like oil or butter. This recipe should make it easy to make a milkshake or two without wasting any infused milk.
Cannabis milk ingredients and supplies:
- Two cups of full-fat whole milk
- Two – seven grams of cannabis ground fine (adjust amount based on preferred potency)
- Cheesecloth or equivalent strainer
- Double boiler or two saucepans to make one
Steps to make cannabis milk:
- Boil milk over a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can add water to a larger saucepan and bring it to a boil. Then, place another saucepan over the boiling water, ensuring the water does not touch the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat slightly to bring to a simmer. You don’t want to scorch your cannabis, so reducing it from a rolling boil to a slow, gentle simmer is ideal. It should still be very hot, but not enough to scorch the buds.
- Slowly add in the finely ground cannabis, stirring continuously. Make sure the buds are fully covered by the milk and continue to stir every few minutes.
- Simmer for 45 minutes. Be sure to stay nearby and stir the mixture every few minutes. You don’t need to continuously stir, but it is important to regularly move everything around.
- Strain with a cheesecloth or equivalent strainer. Carefully remove the mixture from heat and strain well. Your milk should be a yellowish/green color. Feel free to squeeze the excess milk from the mixture, though this will add more chlorophyll to your milk.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
That’s it! Making cannabis milk is pretty easy. The most difficult part will be deciding how much to use to optimize your experience. If you’re not sure where to start, opt for a small amount as you can always drink more. It’s a lot harder to work with overly-potent milk.
Now that you have cannabis milk ready to go, we can move on with the recipe.
Steps for how to make a cannabis milkshake
Making a cannabis milkshake is extremely easy once you have the cannabis-infused milk ready. All you have to do is make a milkshake as you usually would, but replace the milk in the recipe with our cannabis-infused milk.
Milkshakes are super versatile and can be made in various ways. Most of it comes down to personal preference, so we’ll let you decide exactly how to craft your shake.
Here are the basic steps to making a cannabis milkshake:
- Gather ingredients. You’ll need ice cream, cannabis milk, and a blender. Additional items can include ice, flavorings of choice, and even cookies.
- Add your preferred ice cream flavor to the blender. You’ll want to start with at least a few scoops, but feel free to adjust how much you use to your own preference. If you want your milkshake to be more icy than smooth, you can add some ice cubes as well. This is not necessary, though, and will change the texture.
- Add any additional ingredients you want. This can be chocolate syrup, fresh or frozen fruit, cookies, or anything else you think would taste good in your milkshake.
- Add the cannabis-infused milk. Start with about ¼ cup and blend the mixture. Continue to add cannabis milk until you’ve reached the desired consistency for your milkshake.
- Serve in a tall, preferably frosted-in-the-freezer cup for maximum enjoyment.
There you have it! That’s how to make a weed milkshake. Once you have the cannabis milk ready, the process is really a breeze.
We recommend making milkshakes for two or more to use up all the cannabis milk you made. It will not stay good for very long in the fridge. Alternatively, you can cut the cannabis-infused milk recipe in half to make less.
How to make a weed milkshake without cannabis-infused milk
Excited about making a weed milkshake but don’t want to go through the process of making cannabis-infused milk? We’ve got an easy hack for you.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ice cream of choice
- Choice of milk
- Additional flavors of choice
- Cannabis tincture
All you need to do is make a milkshake as we described above. Instead of using cannabis-infused milk, you’ll just toss in some cannabis tincture to the mix.
This is super easy to dose as tinctures are labeled by potency per drop. This means you can pinpoint exactly how much THC or CBD is going into your milkshake.
Make sure the tincture you use is not flavored with something that will clash with your milkshake ingredients. For example, if you’re making a strawberry milkshake, you don’t want to use a mint-flavored tincture.
However, a mint-flavored tincture might be great to pair with a chocolate milkshake. Consider the flavors you’ll be blending before you make the shake.
Ready to make a weed milkshake?
Now that you know how easy making a weed milkshake is, we hope dessert is a blast. Be sure to pay attention to how much cannabis you’re adding, because eating weed tends to have a much different effect than smoking it. If you’re new to edibles, start with a small amount in the milkshake to prevent any panic or stressful situations.
Once you’ve experienced the joy of drinking a delicious milkshake that also gets you high, it’s hard to go back to just a regular milkshake. Not only are infused milkshakes delicious, but they can cultivate a very unique experience.
Try it for dessert at your next weed-infused dinner party or enjoy a weed milkshake while watching a movie with the pals.
Need weed or a tincture to get started? Stop by one of our Piece of Mind Cannabis locations to stock up on everything you need.
3 Tinctures to make your Cannabis infused Milkshake!
Don’t have time to make Cannabis infused milk? Prefer a plant based diet? Lazy? Grab a cannabis infused tincture from Piece of Mind Cannabis and infused any milkshake you like! Find any of these tinctures by going to our online menu and searching under “tinctures”.
POM Cannabis North Spokane tinctures click here
POM Cannabis Bellingham tinctures click here
POM Cannabis Pullman tinctures click here
Chill Indica THC Tincture by Ceres
This terpene enriched tincture is formulated with Kava Kava, our chill indica blend promotes relaxation, eases nervousness, anxiety, and is also effective for muscle pain and tension headaches.
Journey Sativa Tincture from Green Revolution
Take a journey with our uplifting and energetic Sativa Water Tincture. Elevate your day with good vibes and focus. Our tinctures are water-based and water-soluble, so they dissolve instantly into any beverage or can be consumed sublingually. Make your own Cannabis Cocktail, add it to Tea, Coffee, or Water. Each 1 oz. bottle comes with a dropper for easy measurement.
Indica Lifestyle Tincture by Fairwinds
All-natural ingredients, fortified cannabis terpenes & premium flower extracted cannabis oil blended in avocado oil puts these tinctures on a shelf above the rest. Not only has avocado oil attained prescription drug and food supplement status in Europe for its anti-inflammatory properties, it also enhances bio-availability, doesn’t feel/taste oily and has a neutral flavor. On top of everything else, Avocado oil is an excellent source for Omega-3, 6 & 9’s, and has the highest temperature rating for cooking, making it ideal for culinary ventures.
Piece of Mind Cannabis is a medical marijuana and recreational Cannabis dispensary with locations in North Spokane, South Spokane, Bellingham, Pullman and Anchorage!